- Install the jack screw with push pin.
- Raise the bottom screw with the rotating washer to the correct height to keep the pin on the bottom of the dovetail.
- Tighten the top set screw and check height. Adjust as necessary.
- When height is satisfactory, tighten the side screws evenly. Install the counterforce screw opposite the jack screw.
- When applying force to the jack screw, if the slide tries to move under pressure, tighten the counterforce screw slightly until the slide cannot move.
- Apply pressure to the sight by turning the Jack screw.
Here's the set up on a 1911 rear sight. Other slides work pretty much the same way. Photo: Roy Huntington